About Falk Schmidt
Management Consultant | Project Manager | Privacy Expert
With more than 20 years of professional experience as a project and strategy consultant in the context of digitization projects, Falk Schmidt combines in-depth specialist and industry knowledge with hybrid project methods for realizing business model, process and product innovations. As an external data protection officer and data protection auditor, he advises and supports a large number of medium-sized companies.
The following subject areas are the focus of his work:
- Data protection advice as data protection officer and data protection auditor
- Project consulting and operational project management classic, agile, hybrid
- Turnaround Management: Lead projects out of critical situations
- Mentoring & coaching for project managers
- Business Model Innovation: Digital business models and processes
- Organizational advice and strategy (processes, change management)
- 2018 – heuteLecturer (Data protection law) at the THM University of Applied Sciences Mittelhessen
- 2011 – heuteManagement consultant / enterprise architect, data protection consultant / auditor, managing director of FS/CS GmbH
- 2008 – 2011Co-Founder and Portfolio Manager SAP of BridgingIT GmbH
- 2007 – 2008TeamManager SAP/Enterprise Architect at Logica Deutschland
- 2001 – 2006Enterprise Architect and Project Manager for innovative software products in SAP AG / SAP SI AG, turnaround project manager
- 2000 – 2001Technical Consultant Innovation Projects at SAP SI AG
- 1993 – 2000Studied at TU Dresden, graduated with a Dipl.-Kfm. (Master of Business Admin) with a focus on innovation management as well as taxes and auditing
- 1997 – 2000Owner of an IT system house with a focus on online business and network solutions
- 1991 – 1993Abitur at Max-Planck-Gymnasium, Riesa
- 1990 – 1993Vocational training (electrician), (early) graduation after 3 years
Falk Schmidt worked as a co-author on the books “TurnaroundPM – When projects are upside down and classic project management fails” (available in German language only) and “Business Models for Teams” (Continuation and expansion of the known „Business Model You“. As a graduate of Prof. Tim Clark’s master class, he coaches clients as BMY Certified Practitioner unsing the Business Model You method. As a guest author of specialist articles in various business publications, he is a sought-after partner.
Falk Schmidt volunteers on topics and initiatives related to digitization and data protection. Among other things, he is a Lecturer for Initiatite “Datenschutz geht zur Schule”. The association MINT & Fun e.V. initiated and founded by him, enables and organizes projects and activities in the STEM area (German: “MINT” for Mathematics, Informatik (Computer Science), Natural Sciences, Technology) for children and young people.