About Falk Schmidt
Management Consultant | Project Manager | Privacy Expert
With more than 25 years of professional experience as a project and strategy consultant in the context of digitization projects, Falk Schmidt combines in-depth technical and industry knowledge with hybrid project methods for the realization of business model, process and product innovations. As an external data protection officer and data protection auditor, he advises and supports a large number of primarily medium-sized companies.
These topics are the focus of his work:
- Advising clients as data protection officer and data protection auditor
- Project consulting and operational project management classic, agile, hybrid
- Turnaround Management: Leading projects out of critical situations
- Mentoring & Coaching for Project Managers
- Business Model Innovation: Digital business models and processes
- Organizational consulting and strategy (processes, change management)
- 2018 – todayTHM Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen. Lecturer for data protection law
- 2011 – todayFS/CS GmbH. Management Consultant/Enterprise Architect, Data Protection Consultant/Auditor, Managing Director
- 2008 – 2011BridgingIT GmbH. Co-Founder and Portfolio Manager SAP
- 2007 – 2008Logica Deutschland. Team Manager SAP/Enterprise Architect
- 2001 – 2006SAP AG/SAP SI AG. Enterprise Architect and Project Manager First Customer Shipments, Turnaround Project Manager
- 2000 – 2001SAP SI AG. Technical Consultant Innovation projects
- 1996 – 2000Self-employed IT consultant
Training and personal information
Following his vocational training in the electrical trade, Falk Schmidt studied business administration with a focus on innovation management as well as taxation and auditing at the Dresden Technical University and successfully completed his university education with a degree in business administration. He is a member of Mensa International Society and lives with his family near Frankfurt am Main. To be found in Fediverse here.
As co-author, Falk Schmidt contributed to the books „TurnaroundPM – Wenn Projekte kopfstehen und klassisches Projektmanagement versagt“ and „Business Models for Teams” (continuation and extension of the well-known „Business Model You“. A graduate of Prof. Tim Clark’s Master Class, he coaches clients as a BMY Certified Practitioner using the Business Model You methodology. He is in demand as a guest author of technical articles in various business publications.
Among other things, Falk Schmidt volunteers as a lecturer for the Initiatite „Datenschutz geht zur Schule“ , where he teaches young people about data protection The association MINT & Fun e.V. which he initiated and founded, facilitates and organizes projects and activities in the STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) for children and young people..